Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pixel, My Official Shadow


Today, I was searching for something to do, so I decided to pull out some cross-stitching that I had started about 3 years ago.  Pixel, my 5 year old brown tabby, wasted no time inspecting all of my paraphernalia that I had strewn about our den while looking for my scissors, threads, hoops, and my actual stitch project.  He's so curious about everything I'm doing, every moment of every day.  Pixel has been my little attachment since we lost my beloved Tika in November, as if he was waiting to take her place, that coveted spot on my lap, the place of honor.  Once I had gathered all my sewing supplies, I headed to the living room, where the light was just perfect for seeing my work of art of thread and aida cloth.

Now, I should have known better than to expect my lap to be empty, a place to put the metal sheet and magnets that hold my spot on the stitchery pattern.  I should have known with certainty that my furry shadow was going to lay on my arms the second I planted myself in my recliner.  Which he did, in record time.  And then, in his ultimate cuteness, he stared up at me as if to say, "What?"  He promptly snuggled into my lap, his 20 pounds securing my hands under his warm, furry belly.  Somehow, I did manage to free my captive limbs, assuring him I was not going to split my attention with a scratch on his chin.  His loud, rumbling purrs signaled his approval.  

So much for cross-stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment